Logistics and Supply Chain are the one those industries that were least affected by the pandemic. In fact, the industry even experienced as post COVID impact. Pursuing education in logistics and supply chain management bring qualified professionals to the industry and even take the load off unemployment. In the blog below, questions about PG Diploma in logistics and supply chain will be answered and its scope will be understood.
What is PG Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management Degree?
A Post Graduate Diploma is a degree that is pursued after the completion of an undergraduate degree or a plain diploma. A PG Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is a course that covers various practical aspects of the industry and prepare the students for the profession. This PG diploma can be pursued by students from a variety of backgrounds. It is a degree of education that is widely accepted in logistics and supply chain.
Is Logistics and Supply Chain Management a Good Career Option?
There are several reasons that can be stated as to why logistics and supply chain is a great career option. An incredible potential growth in Global Skill Gap in Logistics Industry is expected in the period 2008 – 2022. In the past, the convenience offered by the logistics companies has solved numerous day to day conundrums. Job opportunities at different levels keep opening up in the industry given its expansion.
Scope of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
It goes both ways, the ones who are a part of providing the service and the consumers who receive it. Different kinds of industries are resorting to doorstep service, which is increasing the demand of logistics and supply chain. Hence, creating more jobs. On the other hand, having your necessities delivered at the door is something for which all of us are thankful.
Here are some pointers that indicate the scope of logistics and supply chain management.
- Scope of Logistics and Supply Chain Management in India
- It can land you an interesting job such as an industry analyst, project manager, logistics coordinator, supply chain manager and others.
- There are opportunities for becoming an individual contractor.
- The unemployed, uneducated youth of the country have a chance at a job in the industry.
- Trade can be done across international borders as well.
- Given India’s growing digitization, online shopping is not just a trend but a revolution. Therefore, providing scope to logistics and supply chain.
- Scope of Logistics and Supply Chain Management in Overseas
- There is scope for international import-export business.
- Some countries welcome foreign businessmen, even the ones with a higher dollar value.
- Several developed countries are already deep in the online shopping market, rendering enough scope for logistics and supply chain.
- Indians are ideal candidates for several kinds of jobs in logistics.
What Are Job Opportunities After PGDM In Logistics And Supply Chain Management?
Different responsibilities require different kinds of expertise. There is a wide range of jobs in the field which can be acquired after pursuing a PGDM in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Some of the most important job Opportunities after PGDM in Logistics & Supply Chain Management are as follows:
- Supply Chain Coordinator
Supervision of the inbound and outbound traffic along with the management of purchase and delivery processes are the major responsibilities of a Supply Chain Coordinator. They are also responsible for overlooking the processes that involve order placement and purchase of orders for the consumers.
- Assistant Supply Chain Manager
An Assistant Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the management of end to end supply chain plans which constitute of managing the vendors, procurement of orders, as well as planning, warehousing, logistics and distribution of the products. They are also expected to analyze and eradicate the risks and blocks that affect supply chain management.
- Logistics Coordinator
Logistics Coordinators are responsible for the management of various aspects of shipping routes and the delivery of products. For these professionals, customer satisfaction is a priority which will aid the success in business. The coordinators must also be well-versed with the supply chain management practices and the principles involved.
- Distribution Manager
Overlooking the transportation, stock control as well as warehousing and monitoring of the goods from the warehouse, are the major responsibilities of a Distribution Manager. When the warehousing is monitored by computer systems, the Distribution Manager is supposed to manage these software applications and train the freshers on the same as well.
- Industry Analyst
The industry analysts are responsible for carrying out primary and secondary market research within a particular kind of industry and record how it can incorporate logistics and supply chain. Other responsibilities include assessing sector trends, size the markets and the scope of a product or service, develop industry models and others. The work mostly constitutes research and is about advisory service.
- Junior Project Manager
A Project Manager is responsible for drafting out projects that are essential for the company’s growth. Meanwhile, a Junior Project is mainly responsible for supervising and following up on a project until it is completed.
- Procurement Analyst
Building relationships with the external vendors is a significant process in logistics and supply chain management. Procurement analysts are the ones who take up this responsibility. They are in-charge of negotiating with the vendors and buying their products or services at a reasonable price to help the company and be fair to the customer as well.
Why choose TransGlobe Academy for Logistics and Supply Chain Management Courses
Here are a few reasons as to why TransGlobe is your ideal choice for pursuing a Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain Management:
- Industry-Relevant Curriculum is of priority to us. The students are educated with real industry instances and practices, making them exceptional candidates.
- Certified Faculty at TransGlobe ensures that the students the best education that they require. Given their experience in the field and their expertise, the faculty members also make sure the students strengthen the practical aspects of the course.
- Industry Integrated Training System (IITS) is a part of the education system that TransGlobe was the first ever Indian educational institute to introduce. With this system, we ensure to offer the students a first-hand industry experience from the professionals.
- Holistic Training of the students consists of academic education as well as regular lessons on personality development. This allows the students to achieve a holistic education.
- Placement Assistance is offered to the students at TransGlobe. With this kind of 100% placement assistance, aids students in getting a job to as per their potential. The Placement Team brings the best of the best recruiters to the campus.
A Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is one of the trending courses that is specific to an industry that is expanding rapidly globally. This is an interesting course that is much more than just academic education. A PGD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is about preparing for the specific requirements of the industry and making it greater.
PGDM in Logistics & Supply Chain Management at TransGlobe
TransGlobe is among the most well-known educational institutions in the country. We have unique and essential courses in Logistics and Supply Chain Management that are industry-oriented which prepare the students for a rewarding career. With a Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from TranGlobe, you can have an extraordinary career. Fill out the enquiry form and we shall get back to you soon!